This course is intended to provide students with a wide range of software, technical and technological ICT skills required by industry at certificate level. The student is expected to develop an IT solution to a practical business problem using an engineering approach.
Students who wish to be I.T experts.
Professionals currently working in relevant occupations and who wish to acquire knowledge and skills in Information Technology.
- ICT Assistant;
- Data Entry Clerk
- ICT Consultant
- Web developer
- ICT specialist
- Data modeler
- An aggregate grade D Plain and grades D in Mathematics and English.
- Pass in Artisan Level where applicable;
- Any other equivalent qualification as approved by KNEC
Programme Duration and Structure
This certificate course shall be offered in Five (5) terms.
Expected Learning Outcomes
- Provide consultancy and advisory services in a dynamic world of ICT.
- Design and develop quality and acceptable software solutions.
- Diagnose, support and develop quality and acceptable ICT infrastructure.
- Design, implement and support security in information systems ICT environment.
- Diploma in ICT
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR CERTIFICATE IN INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY-KNEC
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- CMB 112 Entrepreneurship Education
- CMB 115 Communication Skills
- CTZ 111 INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION COMMUNICATION
- CTZ 112 COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
- CTZ 113 BASIC ELECTRONICS
- CTZ 114 MATHEMATICS
- CTZ 115 OPERATING SYSTEMS
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- CMB 122 Entrepreneurship Education
- CMB 125 Communication Skills
- CTZ 121 INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION COMMUNICATION
- CTZ 122 COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
- CTZ 123 BASIC ELECTRONICS
- CTZ 124 MATHEMATICS
- CTZ 125 OPERATING SYSTEMS
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 3
- CMB 132 Entrepreneurship Education
- CMB 135 Communication Skills
- CTZ 131 INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION COMMUNICATION
- CTZ 132 COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
- CTZ 133 BASIC ELECTRONICS
- CTZ 134 MATHEMATICS
- CTZ 135 OPERATING SYSTEMS
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1
- CSW 125 Business Research Methods
- CTZ 211 COMPUTER SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE
- CTZ 212 COMPUTER APPLICATIONS II
- CTZ 213 STRUCTURED PROGRAMMING
- CTZ 214 COURSE SPECIALIZATION - PROJECT
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 2
- CTZ 221 COMPUTER SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE
- CTZ 222 COMPUTER APPLICATIONS II
- CTZ 223 STRUCTURED PROGRAMMING
- CTZ 224 COURSE SPECIALIZATION - PROJECT
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 3
- CTZ 231 COMPUTER SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE
- CTZ 232 COMPUTER APPLICATIONS II
- CTZ 233 STRUCTURED PROGRAMMING
- CTZ 234 COURSE SPECIALIZATION - PROJECT