The goal of the program is to produce competent creative production and analytical skills personnel with broad knowledge and appreciation of film, video, television, and new media production techniques to enable them work in the virgin Kenyan film industry and provide products that meet the demands of the modern dynamic audience.
- Potential students interested in Filmmaking, Mass Communications,
- Marketing or Entrepreneurship who want the right skills are encouraged to join the program.
- Film and Television producer
- Content creators
- Screenplay writers
- Lighting technicians
- Cinematographer (Director of Photography)
- Brand Marketing Expert.
- Social Media Marketers
Programme Duration and Structure
- The duration of the program is one academic year equivalent to 2 semesters.
- Have a Minimum Aggregate Grade of D+ (Plus) for Kenya Certificate of Secondary
- Education (KCSE) holders or its equivalent as determined by the Kenya National
- Examination Council (KNEC)
- Any other qualification as may be approved by University Senate.
Expected Learning Outcomes
By the end of the programme the learner should be able to:
- Generate and develop ideas for film, video, television and other media.
- Develop and refine collaboration and storytelling skills to communicate effectively, and demonstrate these skills in the execution of media projects.
- Understand the use of technical and aesthetic tools of the major disciplines of the cinematic arts: directing, producing, editing, cinematography, production design, writing and sound.
- Develop and demonstrate cooperative, collaborative skills to combine the aforementioned disciplines into a cohesive production environment.
Mode Of Learning
The mode of delivery to be used in the programme will be face-to-face learning and blended
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR CERTIFICATE IN DIGITAL FILM PRODUCTION AND VIDEO TECHNOLOGY
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- CCU 100 Communication Skills
- CFV 102 FILM PRODUCTION
- CCU 102 Health and Wellness
- CCU 101 Information Communication Technology and Ethics
- CFV 101 SCRIPTING FOR FILM AND TELEVISION
- CFV 103 SET AND LOCATION DESIGN
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- CFV 203 CINEMATOGRAPHY
- CFV 206 DIRECTING
- CCU 120 Entrepreneurship Education
- CFV 201 FILM AND TELEVISION EDITING
- CFV 202 LIGHTING FOR FILM AND TELEVISION
- CFV 205 MAKE-UP AND COSTUME