The Certified Public Accountant (CPA) course provides a basis for professional careers such as accounting, auditing, finance management, tax management and consultancy. If one wishes to pursue a career as a professional accountant, the CPA course is the first step towards a Master’s or other higher degrees in reputable universities.
Enrollment periods: February and August
Examination series: June and November
- Professional Accountants
- Finance Managers
- Tax Consultants
- Practitioners in public and private sectors
One must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following minimum qualifications:
- KCSE aggregate average of at least grade C+ (C plus) or its equivalent.
- Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) with at least two Principal passes provided that the applicant has credits in Mathematics and English at Kenya
- Certificate of Education (KCE) level or equivalent qualifications.
- KASNEB technician, diploma or professional examination certificate.
- A degree from a recognised university.
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination grade C in 6 papers with C in both English and Mathematics.
- Such other certificates or diplomas as may be approved by KASNEB.
Programme Duration and structure
- This course is offered for Five (5) months.
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- CPA1A Financial Accounting
- CPA2A Communication Skills
- CPA3A Introduction to Law and Governance
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- CPA1B Financial Accounting
- CPA2B Communication Skills
- CPA3B Introduction to Law and Governance
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1
- CPA4A Economics
- CPA5A Quantitative Analysis
- CPA6A Information Communication Technology
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 2
- CPA4B Economics
- CPA5B Quantitative Analysis
- CPA6B Information Communication Technology