This course serves as an opportunity to learn how to effectively and efficiently managebusinessactivitiesandprepareyourselfforanin-demandcareer.Emphasiswillbeontheimportanceofbusinessmanagementandoperationalskills. The course will furtherserveasafoundationforstudentswhowishtoventureintobusiness management and entrepreneurship as well as those who want to pursue high levels in business studies.
Students from any discipline who wish to start a career in business administration and management.
Managers in any functional areas of the organizations and who wish to acquire knowledge and skills in business.
Students who want to pursue high levels in business studies.
Individuals in business field who wish to acquire basic business skills and principles to enable them run their enterprises successfully.
- Administrative Assistants
- Financial Officer
- Operating Manager
- Be a holder of K.C.S.E with a minimum aggregate of D Plain
- Pass in Artisan Level where applicable;
- Any other equivalent qualification as approved by KNEC
Programme Duration and Structure
This certificate course shall be offered in four terms.
Expected Learning Outcomes
- Acquire basic knowledge necessary in carrying out analysis of concepts and practices in business entrepreneurship and administration.
- Develop knowledge, skills and competence to the level where students can make a professional contribution to the administration and management of businesses within the marketplace.
- Diploma in Business Management
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR CERTIFICATE IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT-KNEC
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- CMB 113 Business Calculations & Statistics
- CMB 114 Commerce
- CMB 115 Communication Skills
- CMB 112 Entrepreneurship Education
- CMB 111 Financial Accounting
- CMB 116 Fundamentals of Management and Environment
- ICT 111 Information Communication Technology - Theory
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- CMB 123 Business Calculations & Statistics
- CMB 124 Commerce
- CMB 125 Communication Skills
- CMB 122 Entrepreneurship Education
- CMB 121 Financial Accounting
- CMB 126 Fundamentals of Management & Environment
- ICT 121 Information Communication Technology
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 3
- CMB 133 Business Calculations & Statistics
- CMB 134 Commerce
- CMB 135 Communication Skills
- CMB 131 Financial Accounting
- CMB 136 Fundamentals of Management & Environment
- ICT 131 Information Communication Technology
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1
- CMB 216 Business Finance
- CMB 214 Business Law
- CSW 125 Business Research Methods
- CMB 212 Economics
- CMB 211 Human and Public Relations
- CMB 215 Office Organization
- CMB 213 Sales and Marketing
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 2
- CMB 226 Business Finance
- CMB 224 Business Law
- CMB 222 Economics
- CMB 221 Human & Public Relations
- CMB 225 Office Organisation
- CMB 223 Sales and Marketing
YEAR2 SEMESTER 3
- CMB 236 Business Finance
- CMB 234 Business Law
- CMB 232 Economics
- CMB 231 Human & Public Relations
- CMB 235 Office Organisation
- CMB 233 Sales and Marketing