This programme offers knowledge and skills in a range of computer skills to ensure learners can provide solutions to a dynamic world. The course deals with the processes, methodologies, techniques, and tools of developing high-quality software systems in a cost-effective manner. The course is tailored to meet the high demand for software engineers among the fastest growing ICT profession in Kenya and beyond.
- Software application developer
- Information security analyst
- Software Engineer
- Computer systems manager
- Database Administrator
- Provide a knowledge base that applies both computer science and engineering principles and practices to the creation, operation, and maintenance of software systems.
- The programme sets to provide student with hands-on knowledge in software engineering concepts, analysis, designing, project management, testing, and
- development with an additional practical programming environment.
Duration of Programme
Five (5) trimesters
Minimum Entry Requirements
- An aggregate mean grade of C- and above in K.C.S.E
- D- in Mathematics
- D- in either English or Kiswahili OR Relevant qualification approved by the University Senate
- The graduates will learn technical, methodological and organizational skills; they will subsequently build a foundation to go on and lead major projects in software engineering in many industrial and commercial sectors.
- The graduates will have up to date knowledge and skills in the fundamental concepts of software engineering and computing
- Graduates will gain skills needed to design software that is user-friendly, affordable, and easy to maintain.