This programme offers skills in use of technology to manage and support business related computer systems. The courses offers career-based training for the development of business information technology systems using varied programming techniques, and software and hardware configurations. This course is aimed at bridging the existing knowledge gap in organisational data storage, business continuity, disaster recovery, security, business analytics and optimisation and enterprise architecture.
- Information Security Analyst
- Software Application Developer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer Systems Manager
- Computer Network Architect
- Information Research Scientist
- To produce IT specialists capable of providing IT business solutions.
- To prepare professionals with high quality IT knowledge and skills so as to take care of IT business related matters.
- To develop IT solutions and so as to enhance business and organizational efficiency.
- Develop analytical and logical thinking, problem solving, communication skills and team work.
- Acquire business principals in real world perspectives.
Duration of the programme
- Four (4) academic years (Eight semesters).
Minimum Entry Requirements
- An aggregate grade of C+ and above in K.C.S.E and a minimum grade of C in Mathematics, English and Kiswahili C OR Relevant qualification approved by the University Senate
- Plan and implement computer applications in IT industry.
- Use Information Technology effectively in the work environment to analyse, identify and define organisation requirements and opportunities.
- Design, install and manage computer networked systems.
- Analyse the impact of technology on individuals, organizations and society, including ethical, legal and policy issues.
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- MAT 111 Basic Mathematics
- BCU 100 Communication Skills
- ENV 101 Environmental Studies
- BCU 102 Health And Wellness Management
- BCU 101 Introduction To Computer Studies and Internet
- BSD 111 Structured Programming And Algorithms
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- MAT 120 Calculus I
- BAC 123 Introduction to Computerized Business Accounting
- BCE 122 Introduction To Digital Systems
- BSD 122 OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING I
- BCT 121 OPERATING SYSTEMS
- STA 123 Probability and Statistics I
- BSD 121 Software Design Methods and Architectures
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1
- BCE 214 Computer Graphics
- BCE 121 COMPUTER ORGANIZATION AND ARCHITECTURE
- BSD 211 DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS
- BDM 121 Database Management Systems
- MAT 212 Discrete Mathematics
- PHY 123 Electronics
- BSD 214 OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING II
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 2
- BDM 222 ADVANCED DATABASE DEVELOPMENT
- BNT 221 Data Communication And Computer Networks
- BSD 313 INTERNET PROGRAMMING I
- BCT 421 LEGAL AND PROFESSIONAL ETHICS IN COMPUTING
- BSD 224 Multimedia Systems And Applications
- BSD 213 OBJECT ORIENTED SOFTWARE DESIGN METHODS
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 1
- BNT 312 Computer And Informations Systems Security
- BNT 311 DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING
- BSD 314 Programming In Python
- BCT 321 RESEARCH METHODS AND TECHNICAL WRITING
- BSD 315 Software Engineering
- BNT 313 Telecommunication And Broadcasting Systems
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 2
- BCE 312 ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- BSD 326 Human Computer Interface
- BSD 322 INTERNET PROGRAMMING II
- BCT 322 IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- BSD 325 Programming With .Net Framework
- BNT 321 System Integration And Collaborative Technologies
YEAR 4 SEMESTER 1
- BCE 413 Blockchain Technology
- BDM 221 DATA SCIENCE
- BCU 410 Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- BCT 414 Information Systems Audit and Assurance
- BCT 415 Project Proposal
- BCE 414 Satellite And Broadband Communication
- BCE 411 Wireless And Mobile Technologies
YEAR 4 SEMESTER 2
- BCT 424 Business Information Systems Management
- BCT 425 Final Project
- BCU 401 Industrial Attachment
- BCE 412 Machine Learning
- BSD 425 Microprocessors Applications
- BSD 422 Mobile Application Development
- BCE 422 REAL-TIME SOFTWARE SYSTEMS