The goal of this program is to develop professionals who use Computational thinking in solving complex real-life problems with a knack for Computer programming, Database Management, System Development, Implementation and Maintenance.
- IT Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
- System Administrators
- Cloud Security Engineer
- Data Scientists
- IoT Expert
- IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Systems Developer
- GIS Expert
- Game Developer
Goal of the program
- To develop professionals who use Computational thinking in solving complex real-life problems.
- To develop professionals with a knack for Computer programming, Database management, system development, implementation and maintenance.
- To train professionals who can service and manage computer systems at all levels of the organization
- To train learners on cognitive computing as a major emerging trend in today’s computing world.
Duration of the Programme
Four (4) Academic Years- Eight (8) semesters
- Be a holder of KCSE (or equivalent examination) certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C(Plain) in Mathematics, English and Physics/Physical Science or;
- Be a holder of the Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) certificate with at least 2 Principle passes in Mathematics and Physics.
- Holder of a related Diploma equivalent to KNEC Diploma from an institution that is recognised by the University Senate with a minimum pass.
- Have any other relevant qualifications from an institution recognised by the Zetech University Senate
- Develop an understanding of how computing technology and computational thinking present new ways of addressing problems through analysis, designing, and evaluation of solutions.
- Analyse legal, professional, ethical and social implications relating to the use of computing technology and information.
- Apply Computer Science theory, principles and Software Development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Apply the principles of Data Management, processing, organization, and retrieval.
- Demonstrate creativity, confidence and effective communication as a professional in the computing technology field.
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- BCE 111 COMPUTATIONAL LOGIC
- BCU 100 Communication Skills
- BCU 101 Introduction To Computer Studies and Internet
- BSD 111 Structured Programming And Algorithms
- MAT 111 Basic Mathematics
- PHY 111 INTRODUCTION TO PHYSICS
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- BCT 121 OPERATING SYSTEMS
- BCU 102 Health And Wellness Management
- BDM 121 Database Management Systems
- BSD 121 Software Design Methods and Architectures
- BSD 221 ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE PROGRAMMING
- MAT 121 DISCRETE MATHEMATICS
- STA 123 Probability and Statistics I
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1
- BCE 211 COMPUTER VISION
- BCE 212 COMPUTER SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE
- BSD 122 OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING I
- BSD 211 DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS
- BSD 213 OBJECT ORIENTED SOFTWARE DESIGN METHODS
- MAT 120 Calculus I
- STA 212 Probability And Statistics II
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 2
- BBM 321 International Business Management
- BCE 121 COMPUTER ORGANIZATION AND ARCHITECTURE
- BDM 221 DATA SCIENCE
- BNT 221 Data Communication And Computer Networks
- BSD 222 DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF ALGORITHMS
- MAT 213 Calculus II
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 1
- BCE 311 COMPILER CONSTRUCTION
- BCE 312 ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- BDM 311 Data Mining And Warehousing
- BNT 311 DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING
- BSD 311 SIMULATION AND MODELLING
- BSD 313 INTERNET PROGRAMMING I
- BSD 315 Software Engineering
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 2
- BCE 321 THE INTERNET OF THINGS
- BCT 321 RESEARCH METHODS AND TECHNICAL WRITING
- BCT 322 IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- BDM 321 CLOUD COMPUTING AND SERVICES
- BSD 321 USER CENTERED DESIGN
- BSD 322 INTERNET PROGRAMMING II
YEAR 4 SEMESTER 1
- BCE 412 Machine Learning
- BCE 413 Blockchain Technology
- BCT 411 SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT 1
- BCT 412 COMPUTER AND CYBER SECURITY
- BSD 411 BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE AND ANALYTICS
- BSD 412 GAME DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
- BSD 415 WIRELESS TECHNOLOGIES AND PROGRAMMING
YEAR 4 SEMESTER 2
- BCE 421 ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE II
- BCT 421 LEGAL AND PROFESSIONAL ETHICS IN COMPUTING
- BCT 422 SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PROJECT II
- BCU 401 Industrial Attachment
- BCU 410 Entrepreneurship and Innovation