The goal of this program is to enable the student to understand the influence that technology has on people, the ways that technology can be applied in psychology and the use of psychology to design new technological applications.
- Psychiatric Technician
- Psychologist or Psychiatrist.
- Mental Health Coordinator
- Consumer Insight Analyst
- Probation and Parole Officer
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Social Service Specialists
- Forensic Psychologist
- Special Government Agent
Goal of the program
- To impart learners with critical thinking skills, psychological and technological knowledge.
- To provide learners with skills that promote health and welfare by enhancing the functioning of individuals and social systems.
- To enable learners to demonstrate tolerance for ambiguity and misinformation while appreciating psychological complexities in human life interaction.
- To improve psychological approaches by adding value, incorporating technology and influencing prescriptions for a socially and mentally diverse society.
- Duration of the Programme
Four (4) Academic Years- Eight (8) semesters
- KCSE certificate with a minimum of an aggregate of C+ (plus) or its equivalent as determined by the Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
- Diploma or Degree in a related program or its equivalent from an institution recognized by the University Senate.
- In addition to the minimum entry requirements, there may be program-specific requirements in respect of the mean grade, the subject cluster, or individual subjects. Candidates who are admitted under government sponsorship will have their admission cut-off points determined by the Kenya University and Colleges Central Placement Services (KUCCPS). All students placed must meet the minimum University academic requirements for each program.
- Describe key concepts, principles, and comprehensive themes in psychology
- Articulate theoretical and practical knowledge of key issues in Psychology in a rapidly changing technological world.
- Conduct psychological research.
- Apply innovative and integrative thinking and problem-solving skills in their work with the clients.
- Apply technological skills and experiences in achieving relevant career goals.
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR BACHELOR OF ARTS IN PSYCHOLOGY WITH TECHNOLOGY
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- BCU 100 Communication Skills
- BCU 101 Introduction To Computer Studies and Internet
- BCU 102 Health And Wellness Management
- BPSY 111 FUNDAMENTALS OF PSYCHOLOGY
- BPSY 113 HISTORY AND SYSTEMS OF PSYCHOLOGY
- BPT 112 Fundamentals of Social Sciences
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- BPSY 121 PHYSIOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGY AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 122 PRINCIPLES OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- BPSY 123 HUMAN GROWTH AND MODERN TECHNOLOGIES
- BPSY 124 PSYCHOLOGY OF PERSONALITY AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 125 INTRODUCTION TO NEUROPSYCHOLOGY
- BPSY 126 SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1
- BJO 214 PSYCHOLOGY OF COMMUNICATION
- BPSY 211 SOCIAL MEDIA AND HUMAN BEHAVIOUR
- BPSY 212 CHILD AND ADOLESCENCE PSYCHOLOGY
- BPSY 213 HUMAN SEXUALITY
- BPSY 214 TELETHERAPY
- BPSY 215 INDUSTRIAL PSYCHOLOGY AND MODERN TECHNOLOGY
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 2
- BPSY 221 FAMILY PSYCHOLOGY AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 222 SELF AWARENESS AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- BPSY 223 PSYCHOLOGY OF CRIME AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 224 GROUP DYNAMICS AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 225 MOTIVATION, EMOTION AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 226 MULTIMEDIA AND GRAPHIC APPLICATION
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 1
- BPSY 311 TECHNIQUES OF SOCIAL SCIENCE RESEARCH
- BPSY 312 BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 313 PSYCHOLOGY OF LEARNING AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 314 ENVIRONMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 315 ADDICTION, DRUGS AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE
- BPSY 316 ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 2
- BCU 300 RESEARCH METHODS
- BPSY 321 CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY
- BPSY 322 HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 323 FORENSICS PSYCHOLOGY AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 324 SPORTS PSYCHOLOGY
- BPSY 325 GRIEF, LOSS AND BEREAVEMENT
- BPSY 326 HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTIONS
YEAR 4 SEMESTER 1
- BBM 412 ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- BPSY 411 PSYCHOMETRICS AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 412 PSYCHOLOGY OF HUMAN ADJUSTMENT AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 413 STATISTICS FOR PSYCHOLOGY AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 414 COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY
YEAR 4 SEMESTER 2
- BAPST 424 PUBLIC FINANCE MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY
- BCU 400 Research Project
- BCU 401 Industrial Attachment
- BPSY 421 CONSUMER PSYCHOLOGY AND ONLINE BEHAVIOUR
- BPSY 423 SPECIAL POPULATION AND TECHNOLOGY
- BPSY 424 CULTURE, HUMAN BEHAVIOUR AND TECHNOLOGY