Goal of the program
The goal of this program is to produce all-rounded graduates’ who are equipped with the necessary mathematical tools for analyzing, modeling and solving physical, economical and real-life problems in their complexity using computer technologies.
- Data Scientist
- IT Managers
- System Analysts
- IT Infrastructure Engineers
- Machine Learning Experts
- Business Analysts
Goal of the Program
- To develop competencies necessary for designing, developing and implementing of computing-based solutions.
- To develop skills and competencies in the use of mathematical models and algorithms in generating proofs and solving complex real-life problems.
- To equip professionals with the necessary mathematical tools for analyzing, modeling and solving physical, economical and real-life problems in their complexities.
Duration of the Programme
Four (4) Academic Years- Eight (8) semesters
- Be a holder of KCSE (or equivalent examination) certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C+ in both Mathematics and Physics/Physical Science
- Be a holder of the Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) certificate with at least 2 principle passes in Mathematics and Physics
- Holder of a related Diploma equivalent to KNEC Diploma from an institution that is recognised by the University Senate
- Have any other relevant qualifications from an institution recognised by the University Senate.
- Develop systems using Algorithms to solve computational problems.
- Design user interfaces and write program codes that are clear and usable by regular users
- Analyse computing problems and apply principles of computing and mathematics to identify solutions.
- Work independently and collaboratively, communicate computational ideas effectively, and be responsible and professional users of computing technology.
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the trade-offs involved in design choices
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- BCE 111 COMPUTATIONAL LOGIC
- BCU 100 Communication Skills
- BCU 101 Introduction To Computer Studies and Internet
- BCU 102 Health And Wellness Management
- BSD 111 Structured Programming And Algorithms
- MAT 111 Basic Mathematics
- PHY 111 INTRODUCTION TO PHYSICS
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- BCE 121 COMPUTER ORGANIZATION AND ARCHITECTURE
- BCT 121 OPERATING SYSTEMS
- BSD 121 Software Design Methods and Architectures
- MAT 120 Calculus I
- MAT 121 DISCRETE MATHEMATICS
- MAT 122 MATHEMATICAL PROGRAMMING
- STA 123 Probability and Statistics I
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1
- BDM 121 Database Management Systems
- BSD 122 OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING I
- BSD 211 DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS
- MAT 210 Linear Algebra I
- MAT 211 Introduction To Real Analysis
- MAT 213 Calculus II
- MAT 216 MATHEMATICAL MODELLING