This programme will offer skills necessary to build successful careers in procurement industry by providing a conceptual foundation in Supply Chain management, logistics and procurement. Upon graduation, students will understand how the increasing strategic nature of purchasing influences other major functional areas in an organisation.
Further, the course will develop their knowledge of best practices in this field, and enhance the understanding of the importance of this business process and activity integration.
- Supply Chain Manager
- Logistics Analyst
- Director of Supplier Quality and Procurement
- Chief Procurement officer
- Supply Management Analyst
- New Product Procurement Planner
- Strategic Sourcing Manager
- To equip the learner with appropriate business skills in Purchasing and Supplies Management.
- To enhance learners confidence and ability to critically evaluate supply chain requirements.
- To enable learners to develop solutions from moral, professional and academic perspectives.
- Learn purchasing functions, supply chain management and their role within and across organisations business and management.
Duration of Programme
Four(4) academic years (Eight semesters)
Minimum Entry Requirements
An aggregate grade of C+ (C plus) in K.C.S.E
Minimum of grade C- in Mathematics and English or Kiswahili.
Two principal passes in ‘A’ level / Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE).
Be a holder of a Diploma in a relevant discipline from a recognized institution.
- Offer employers specialized skills related to supply chain, purchasing and inventory control and management.
- Identify and selecct suppliers from which to source materials, negotiate supply contracts, develop business frameworks for contracts, and manage suppliers.
- Develop metrics for managing procurement costs, delivery times, service levels, and quality.
- Oversee an organisation’s purchasing operations.
- Analyse historical purchasing costs for materials, forecasting future costs, or finding prospective vendors.
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR BACHELOR OF PURCHASING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- BCU 100 Communication Skills
- BCU 101 Introduction To Computer Studies and Internet
- BCU 102 Health And Wellness Management
- BEC 111 Introduction to Microeconomics
- BHR 121 Human Resource Management
- BPS 110 Supply Chain Management
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- BAC 111 Financial Accounting I
- BPS 120 Legal Issues In Procurement
- BPS 121 Public Procurement
- BPS 122 Purchasing And Supplies Strategy
- BPS 123 Stores Management And Stock Control
- MAT 214 Business Statistics I
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1
- BAC 212 Cost Accounting
- BBM 324 Total Quality ManagementBPS 210
- Warehousing Operations And ManagementBPS 211
- Procurement For Construction Works
- BPS 212 Sourcing In Procurement & Supply
- BPS 213 Inventory Management
- BPS 214 Procurement and Supply Relationships
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 2
- BCT 423 Management Information Systems
- BFN 226 Finance For Purchasers
- BPS 221 Transport And Distribution Management
- BPS 223 Measuring Purchasing Performance
- BPS 224 Supplies And Materials Management
- BPS 225 Contract Law And Negotiation
- MAT 221 Quantitative Techniques
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 1
- BCT 323 Electronic Commerce
- BEC 223 Development Economics
- BHR 311 Organisational Behaviour
- BPS 311 Logistics Management
- BPS 312 International Purchasing
- BPS 313 Sustainability In The Supply Chain
- BPS 415 Provisioning Of Materials
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 2
- BCU 320 Research Methods
- BPS 321 Material Production Planning and Techniques
- BPS 322 Procurement and Project Management
- BPS 323 Procurement Audits and Investigations
- BPS 324 Procurement Planning and Organization
- BPS 325 Global Supply Chain
YEAR 4 SEMESTER 1
- BCU 410 Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- BPS 411 E-Procurement Management
- BPS 412 Freight And Fleet Management
- BPS 413 Procurement Integrity and Accountability
- BPS 414 Procurement Management
YEAR 4 SEMESTER 2
- BCU 400 Research Project
- BCU 401 Industrial Attachment
- BPS 420 Category Management
- BPS 421 Risk Management In Purchasing
- BPS 423 Operations Chain Management
- BPS 425 Leadership In Procurement And Supply