This programme is designed to equip graduates to function effectively in entry-level positions with a strong foundation for continued career growth. The programme combines a theoretical and technical understanding of accounting, finance, banking, marketing, administration and human resources management concepts and practices that will enhance the students’ ability to cope with future developments in these areas.
- Business Manager
- Financial Consultant
- Marketing Consultant
- Human Resources Manager
- Project Manager
- Communications Officer
Goal of the Programme
- To train students to develop a theoretical and technical understanding of accounting, finance, banking, marketing, administration and HR management concepts and practices;
- To instill problem-solving attitudes and business ethics in the practice of management.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial and self-reliance attitudes and habits in students to make them active participants in the creation of new wealth.
- To enhance self-confidence and the ability to critically evaluate business and management issues and develop solutions from the ethical, professional and academic perspectives;
- To instill a critical and integrated understanding of the world of business, with a firm foundation in related areas such as economics, ethics, information technology, organizational behavior and business law;
- To prepare the students for progression to higher degree work and research.
Duration of the Programme
Four (4) Academic Years- Eight (8) semesters
- KCSE certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ (plus) with a minimum of KCSE C (Plain) in Mathematics and English/Kiswahili or equivalent at ‘O’ level and or ‘A’ level.
- Holder of an accredited diploma with a credit pass from an institution that is recognized by the University Senate.
- Holder of a diploma from Zetech University or a Senate recognized institution with a minimum aggregate of C – at KCSE.
- EACE/KCE/KACE/EAACE certificate with a minimum of five (5) credits in any five subjects at ‘O’ level and two principals at A level.
- Prepare financial statements for all entities through the application of fundamental principles and implement general financial policies, concepts and appropriate techniques in the context of current developments;
- Conduct business and managerial functions within the legislative and ethical framework;
- Evaluate and interpret long-term investment and provide investment and financial advice, business expansion and portfolio management.
- Manage risk in new ventures in developing their career.
- Exhibit business orientation and knowledge gained in problem solving, analysis of corporate financial information for decision making, conducting of market surveys, international transactions as well as formulation of appropriate human resource policies that ignite workplace performance.
- Conduct international transactions through foreign exchange markets, securities markets and various international financial institutions
CURRICULUM SETUP FOR BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (ACCOUNTING)
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- BAC 111 Financial Accounting I
- BBM 111 Introduction To Business Studies
- BCU 100 Communication Skills
- BCU 101 Introduction To Computer Studies and Internet
- BEC 111 Introduction to Microeconomics
- DEV 121 Development Studies And Ethics
- MAT 111 Basic Mathematics
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- BAC 121 Financial Accounting II
- BAC 316 Principles of Auditing
- BBM 121 Principles Of Management
- BCT 423 Management Information Systems
- BCU 102 Health And Wellness Management
- BEC 121 Introduction To Macroeconomics
- BFN 121 Introduction To Financial Management
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1
- BAC 212 Cost Accounting
- BAC 312 Accounting For Assets
- BAC 321 Principles of Taxation
- BBM 223 Organization Theory
- BFN 211 Business Law
- BMK 221 Principles of Marketing
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 2
- BAC 222 Accounting for Equities and Liabilities
- BBM 213 Insurance And Risk Management
- BFN 212 Financial Management
- BFN 322 Financial Institutions And Markets
- BHR 121 Human Resource Management
- MAT 214 Business Statistics I
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 1
- BAC 123 Introduction to Computerized Business Accounting
- BAC 313 Advanced Financial Accounting I
- BAC 322 Advanced Auditing
- BBM 321 International Business Management
- BCU 320 Research Methods
- BFN 412 Monetary Theory And Practice
- BHR 311 Organisational Behaviour
- BPS 110 Supply Chain Management
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 2
CORE UNITS / COURSES
- BAC 221 Management Accounting I
- BAC 315 Public Sector Accounting
- BBM 324 Total Quality Management
- BCT 323 Electronic Commerce
- BFN 321 Financial Statement Analysis
- BFN 423 Public Finance
- MAT 311 Operations Research I
YEAR 4 SEMESTER 1
- BAC 411 Financial Reporting
- BAC 412 Advanced Taxation
- BAC 425 Trust and Executorship Accounting
- BFN 410 Company Law
- BHR 413 Work Place Counseling
YEAR 4 SEMESTER 1
- BAC 323 Management Accounting II
- BAC 324 Advanced Financial Accounting II
- BBM 325 Strategic Management
- BCU 400 Research Project
- BCU 401 Industrial Attachment
- BCU 410 Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- BFN 314 Micro Enterprise Finance
- BFN 424 Financial Asset Management