This programme offers skills in tourism and travel business operations and its environs to effectively equip students for a rewarding career in the Tour guiding field. The course also provides students with the skills and knowledge required to manage travel businesses and grasp the essentials of an effective tour guide personnel and how best to interact with clients. Graduates will be exposed to exciting cultures and diverse populations through this career and will enjoy growth in the Travel industry.
- Resort Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Travel Agent
- Hotel Concierge
- Tour Guide
- To equip students with knowledge, skills and abilities for effective tourism orientation and management,
- To empower trainees to develop and implement travel and tour guiding management solutions for organisational performance,
- To train professionals who are able to incorporate technology to adequately meet the demands of the industry,
- To teach trainees to undertake research and innovate solutions for the industry.
Duration of the programme
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate grade of C- (Minus)
- D- in Either English or Kiswahili
- D- in any of the following: Mathematics/ Business Studies/ Geography/History/CRE/ Computer Studies/Agriculture.
- Acquire skills and knowledge to relate well with tourist and other stakeholders
- Understand the basics of starting up a travel and tourism business
- Conceptualize the importance of conservation activities
- Acquire knowledge on tour guiding and management of tourism operations
Apply for this Programme