This programme introduces students to the managerial processes involved in travel business operations and destination management. Through this course, the learner will also gain skills and knowledge for best practices for sustainable tourism and will learn how to effectively organise holiday packages. The marketable course offers individuals the opportunity to pick from a wide range of opportunities in the Tourism industry.
- Holiday Representative
- Tour Manager
- Tourism consultant
- Tourism information centre manager
- Travel agency manager
- Archives Officer
- Learn the best tourism management practices that would encourage sustainable tourism at all levels.
- Change mentality on the tourism industry and the best approaches for developing tourism products.
- Understand flora and fauna of a destination and the significance of special interest holidays such as eco-tourism.
- Understand the changing trends of the consumers and the best counter approaches to meet their needs and wants
- Develop skills in the analysis of concepts and practices in daily business management.
Duration of the programme
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate grade of C- (C Minus)
- D- in Either English or Kiswahili
- D- in any of the following: Mathematics/ Business Studies/ Geography/ History/ CRE/ Computer Studies/ Agriculture/ Home Science
- Apply concepts and skills learned necessary to excel in the industry,
- Communicate effectively and confidently in the classroom, community and industry,
- Demonstrate ability to perform job functions in travel and tourism careers
Apply for this programme