Telecommunications engineers design, install, maintain and repair electronic communications equipment in telecommunication networks and internet supply systems. The course empowers students to make their mark in the telecommunication sector by gaining the necessary knowledge to excel in the telecommunications industry.
- The course is designed to provide students with the necessary skills, which would equip them for employment in network fault diagnosis, equipment repair and installations, service and network planning within telecommunication companies.
- Expose students to an innovative and interactive learning setting that will expose them to basic telephony, networks and fundamentals of microprocessor.
Mean grade of C with, at least C- in Maths and Physics or Chemistry
The programme takes five (5) trimesters
- Gain insight on forecast network growth for enterprise network planning
- Impart skills on design and management of IP based network telecommunications equipment
- Implement convergence technologies in enterprise telecommunications networks
- Design and manage optical and wireless network telecommunications architectures for high speed broadband capability.