This programme offers skills in the study of Food Science and nutrition to empower students to excel in the food and nutrition industry. The graduates will gain knowledge that will enable them to work in government and parastatals in the areas of quality assurance, product development, research, food inspection, food plant management and consumer education. It will also empower them to serve as food and nutrition experts needed in the society.
- Food technologist
- Nutritional therapist
- Product/process development scientist
- Quality manager
- Technical brewers
- Wellness Consultant
- Train learners to apply knowledge of the role of nutrition and healthy eating for disease prevention and wellness,
- To enable trainees to understand the structure and components of food systems and analyze the relationships between nutritional health and food selection,
- To empower students to utilise the nutrition care process to identify nutrition-related problems and determine as well as evaluate nutrition interventions.
Duration of the programme
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education and KNDI.
- D+ in English, Biology/Biological Sciences and Chemistry
- Use knowledge gained to advise clients on how food nourishes the body and the importance of proper eating habits for good health,
- Ability to explain the underlying the properties of various food components,
- Use current information technologies to locate and apply evidence-based solutions.
- Ability to identify nutrition-related problems and determine and make decisions on nutrition interventions
- Explain rationale for nutrient intake recommendations across the lifespan.