This programme offers skills that prepare graduates to work in the dynamic and multifaceted field of Hospitality. Highly talented and motivated students learn theoretical and practical concepts from capable faculty members so as to efficiently meet the high demands of the industry. The course provides training on the corporate and administrative side of the industry, operational competencies, event management, investment, market study and proficiency in working on and eventually operating a Hospitality and Tourism business. Students also gain exposure through practical training in top notch facilities, participate in varsity career seminars, class excursions and undertake industrial attachment.
- Accommodation Manager
- Catering Manager
- Spa Manager
- Chefs and Head Cooks
- Fast Food Restaurant Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Public House Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Customer Service Officer
- Event & Conference Organiser
- Develop conceptual skills in the analysis of concepts and practices in hospitality management,
- Develop knowledge, skills and competence to the level where students can make a professional contribution to the development process,
- To adapt and apply skills and knowledge acquired to the needs of their immediate communities.
Duration of the programme
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate grade of C-
- D- in either English or Kiswahili
- D- in any of the following: Mathematics/ Business Studies/ Geography/ History/CRE/Computer Studies/Agriculture/ Home Science
- Use knowledge gained to create favorable guest experiences by using professional service management techniques in a hospitality business environment,
- Apply current and relevant technologies to enhance organisational performance in the hospitality industry,
- Apply knowledge, skills and attitudes to contribute to positive team performance in a hospitality business environment.
Apply for this programme