This programme will offer skills in the effective training of children. The course provides training in children development strategies as well as training in languages and mathematics. Additionally, graduates are equipped with insights on children’s rights, psychology and administration. The course will provide sufficient knowledge and skills for professional growth and will enable those trained to contribute towards the holistic development of children as they prepare to progress to primary school education.
- Learning Administrators
- Trainers and Life coaches
- Early Childhood Caregivers
- Instructional Assistants
- Caregivers In School
- To acquire and apply knowledge, skills and attitudes to develop relevant ECDE programme.
- To create activities that foster positive social interaction
- To acquire, adapt and apply technology in teaching and learning activities
- To identify and develop materials using locally available resources
- To actuate knowledge, skills and attitudes for further education and training
Duration of Programme
- An aggregate grade of C-(C Minus) and above in K.C.S.E
- Minimum grade of D- in either Mathematics /Business Studies/Geography/History/CRE/Computer Studies/Agriculture either with
- Minimum grade of D- in English or Kiswahili
- Apply the content standards to the field of Early Childhood Education.
- Apply the standards to the field of Early Childhood Education.
- Build family and community relationships to promote positive development and learning.
- Describe the role of observing, documenting and assessing children’s learning and development to guide instructional practice.
- Describe the use of developmentally effective approaches to connect with children.
Apply for this programme