This programme will offer skills that will enable students to actively participate in counseling activities in a diverse, socio-economic, cultural, political, religious, and educational world. Counseling psychologists help people with physical, emotional and mental health issues to improve their sense of well‐being, alleviate feelings of distress and resolve crises. The course seeks to equip students with the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to enable them to effectively address the psychological and counseling challenges to those in need of it.
- Counselling Psychologist
- Social Scientist
- Wellness Expert
- Life Coach
- Guidance and career counselor
- Rehabilitation counselor
- Mental health counselor
- To develop skills of working better with different kinds of clients.
- To enable students to identify their strengths and weakness that requires working through for them to be more whole some and relate better with people.
- To help the trainee to identify ways of working with core theoretical models.
- To sensitise practitioners in on ways of working with clients using eclectic integrated approach to counseling.
Duration of Programme
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of ethical concepts, and awareness of legal issues regarding professional activities with individuals, groups, and organizations
- Exhibit behavior and comportment that reflect the values and attitudes of counseling and psychology
- Demonstrate knowledge of individual and group theories of counseling and psychotherapy consistent with program orientation and goals
- Relate effectively with individuals, groups, and communities
- An aggregate grade of C-(C Minus) and above in K.C.S.E
- Minimum grade of D- in either Mathematics /Business Studies/Geography/History/CRE/Computer Studies/Agriculture either with
- Minimum grade of D- in English or Kiswahili
Apply for this programme