The Diploma in Business Management and Administration is a four-semester programme. The courses in the program have been selected to give broad coverage of the functional areas of Business Management. The program has been designed to meet the needs of people with work experience in Business enterprises, in government or private sector employment who wish to enhance their skills in the functional areas of Business Management.
• Managers in any business functional areas who wish to acquire knowledge and skills in Business Administration and Management.
• Serves as a prerequisite to entering Bachelor of Business Administration and Management program
Be a holder of KCSE with a minimum aggregate of C (minus) with D- in Mathematics and D- in English or Swahili
Be a holder of KCE Division II with at least Credit in both Mathematics and English.
Be a holder of a Credit pass in any relevant certificate course with at least KCSE Grade D+
Be a holder of professional Certificate in a relevant discipline from the institution recognized by the University senate
Programme Duration and Structure
a) Diploma in Business Administration and Management shall be offered in two academic years with four semesters. The first academic year will comprise of ten (10) course units, and the second academic year will have ten (10) units plus Project Work and Industrial attachment.
b) Courses shall be offered in terms of units. One unit constitutes a series of 35 one-hour lectures. For this purpose a one-hour lecture is equivalent to a two-hour tutorial or a three-hour practical period.
Expected Learning Outcomes
• Produce key players in the development of the purchasing and supplies in Kenya and regionally.
• One would have now developed knowledge, skills and competence to the level of making professional contribution to the management of business.
• Students should now be able to liaise with professional bodies to jointly influence quality and scope of training in Business Management.