This programme is designed to produce professional, transformative and innovative graduates of high integrity who have theoretical, practical and analytical competencies for research and effective management of county and national economic systems. It enables students to describe, compare and correlate the important Economics phenomena of production, consumption, exchange and distribution with the help of Statistics.
- Actuarial analyst
- Chartered accountant
- Chartered certified accountant
- Chartered public finance accountant
- Data analyst
- Financial risk analyst
- Forensic accountant
- Provide students with a wide range of skills, knowledge, and attitudes thorough understanding of the theories, principles and analytical techniques in the economics and statistics disciplines as taught worldwide
- Equip students with analytical skills in economics and statistics
- Provide students with skills for careers in the research institutions, public and private sectors as well as non-governmental organisations
Duration of the programme
- Four (4) academic years (Eight semesters).
- Explain, graph, and analyse key economics models.
- Analyse the economics and institutional arrangements of specific regions, countries, organizations, localities, industries or firms.
- Generate and interpret summary statistics and regression models.
- Identify data sources, describe appropriate empirical tools, and perform research on data they retrieve from original surveys, or official and industry sources.
- Evaluate economic issues and public policy by using economic models or data analysis while identifying underlying assumptions of the model(s) and limitations
- Effectively communicate economic ideas.
- Formulate informed opinions on policy issues and recognize the validity of opposing viewpoints.
Minimum Entry requirements
- KCSE minimum grade C+ (plus)
- Minimum grade of C+ (plus) Mathematics and English
Apply For This Programme