This programme is designed to equip graduates to function effectively in entry-level positions with a strong foundation for continued career growth. The programme combines a theoretical and technical understanding of accounting, finance, banking, marketing, administration and human resources management concepts and practices that will enhance the students’ ability to cope with future developments in these areas.
- Business Manager
- Financial Consultant
- Marketing Consultant
- Human Resources Manager
- Project Manager
- Communications Officer
Goal of the Programme
- To train students to develop a theoretical and technical understanding of accounting, finance, banking, marketing, administration and HR management concepts and practices;
- To instill problem-solving attitudes and business ethics in the practice of management.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial and self-reliance attitudes and habits in students to make them active participants in the creation of new wealth.
- To enhance self-confidence and the ability to critically evaluate business and management issues and develop solutions from the ethical, professional and academic perspectives;
- To instill a critical and integrated understanding of the world ofbusiness, with a firm foundation in related areas such as economics, ethics, information technology, organisational behavior and business law;
- To prepare the students for progression to higher degree work and research.
Duration of the Programme
- Four (4) Academic Years- Eight (8) semesters
- KCSE certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ (plus) with a minimum of KCSE C (Plain) in Mathematics and English/Kiswahili or equivalent at ‘O’ level and or ‘A’ level.
- Holder of an accredited diploma with a credit pass from an institution that is recognized by the University Senate.
- Holder of a diploma from Zetech University or a Senate recognized institution with a minimum aggregate of C – at KCSE.
- EACE/KCE/KACE/EAACE certificate with a minimum of five (5) credits in any five subjects at ‘O’ level and two principals at A level.
- Prepare financial statements for all entities through the application of fundamental principles and implement general financial policies, concepts and appropriate techniques in the context of current developments;
- Conduct business and managerial functions within the legislative and ethical framework;
- Evaluate and interpret long-term investment and provide investment and financial advice, business expansion and portfolio management.
- Manage risk in new ventures in developing their career.
- Exhibit business orientation and knowledge gained in problem solving, analysis of corporate financial information for decision making, conducting of market surveys, international transactions as well as formulation of appropriate human resource policies that ignite workplace performance.
- Conduct international transactions through foreign exchange markets, securities markets and various international financial institutions
Apply For This Programme