This programme offers training to equip students with the ability to address the emerging gaps within the discourse of International Relations & Diplomacy as a field of study and as a practical field that is valuable to understanding the relations between the various actors in international system as it were.
This premier course will empower learners to address not only the classical epistemological foundations of International Relations (IR) & Diplomacy as a discipline within the realms of Political Science but will fundamentally look at the contemporary and emerging sub-fields in the industry and themes that are relevant to the study of IR. With increase in internationalization of the world, it is important that we have professionals trained in to fill the skills gap in the market.
- Government Social Research Officer
- Public Affairs Consultant
- Public Relations Executive
- Political Analyst
- Communication Expert for NGOs and Government
- Equip graduates with sound knowledge of the International Relations & Diplomacy as a field of study and practice
- Produce undergraduates who have a deep knowledge of the subject as well as ability to analyse any situation and draw out appropriate and relevant conclusions
- Empower learners to establish and develop a viable and forceful link between theory/concepts and practice in the field for its proper implementation and utilisation by the students, scholars, policy-makers and planners.
- Prepare undergraduates and practitioners for further studies in the field of international relations & diplomacy.
- Enable graduates to offer guidance on various policy propositions within Africa and beyond.
Duration of the programme
- Four (4) academic years (Eight semesters).
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Holder of KCSE certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+
- Minimum of C+ in English or Swahili and Either Geography, History, Social Studies, CRE, or Business Studies.
- Acquaint students with both theoretical and practical knowledge of key issues in International Relations and Diplomacy studies
- Communicate effectively both verbally and on-line on issues relating to International Relations and Diplomacy
- Effectively serve on national, regional and international sectors as International Relations and Diplomacy experts
- Apply theories of international relations to world foreign affairs and research
- Gain Knowledge to serve in both governmental and non-governmental institutions
Apply For This Programme