This policy applies to all staff, partners, contractors, and other third parties who use the Zetech University email system.
It applies no matter where that email takes place: on company premises, while travelling for business, or while working from home.
It applies to use of the company email service on any device, whether owned by the company or otherwise
Acceptable Email Use
Use of email by employees of Zetech University is permitted and encouraged where such use supports the goals and objectives of the company.
However, Zetech University has a policy for the use of email whereby the employees must ensure that they:
- Comply with current legislation
- Use email in an acceptable way
- Do not create unnecessary risk to the institution by their misuse
Unacceptable Email Activities
The following behaviour by an employee is considered unacceptable:
- Use of company communications systems to set up personal businesses or send chain letters
- Sending unsolicited email messages, including the sending of “junk mail” or other advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material, also known as email Spam. Official marketing-specific email messages are exempt.
- Forwarding of company confidential messages to external locations
- Distributing, disseminating or storing images, text or materials that might be considered indecent, pornographic, obscene or illegal
- Distributing, disseminating or storing images, text or materials that might be considered discriminatory, offensive or abusive, in that the context is a personal attack, sexist or racist, or might be considered as harassment
- Accessing copyrighted information in a way that violates the copyright
- Breaking into the company’s or another organisation’s system or unauthorised use of a password/mailbox
- Broadcasting unsolicited personal views on social, political, religious or other non-business related matters
- Undertaking deliberate activities that waste staff effort or networked resources
- Introducing any form of computer virus or malware into the corporate network through email
- The company’s email resources are provided for business purposes only. Therefore, Zetech University maintains the right to examine any systems and inspect any data recorded in those systems.
- In order to ensure compliance with this policy, the company also reserves the right to use monitoring software in order to check upon the use and content of emails.
Where it is believed that an employee has failed to comply with this policy, they will face the company’s disciplinary procedure. If the employee is found to have breached the policy, they will face a disciplinary penalty ranging from a verbal warning to dismissal. The actual penalty applied will depend on factors such as the seriousness of the breach and the employee’s disciplinary record.
All company employees, contractors or temporary staff who have been granted the right to use the company’s email services confirm their understanding and acceptance of this policy.
All emails sent from Zetech university domain are confidential and are ONLY intended for individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of the message, which arise because of e-mail transmission.
Any opinion or other information in e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of the Zetech University is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by the Zetech University.
Zetech University is authorized and regulated by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and is accredited by the Commission for University Education.