The information management concept has become the most fundamental element in today’s world. Information scientists design and manage information and knowledge centers. They are also Technologists with knowledge of set up and design of systems, software, websites and knowledge management systems.
The primary areas of concentration also include cataloguing, classification, subject indexing, information systems design, and reference and referral services.
- This course introduces learners to the various areas of Library and Information Science that will help them gain knowledge about the developments in context of libraries and technologies.
- Aimed at equipping the learner with skills on the collection, management and dissemination of the important resource that is information through efficient information systems.
An aggregated mean grade of C-, with a university recommended grade in Maths or English/Kiswahili or History.
The course takes four (4) trimesters
- Understand the role and importance of information management.
- Identify, locate, retrieve and evaluate information resources
- Efficiently offer services in libraries and information center.[simnor_button url=”http://zetech.ac.ke/apply-online/” icon=”” label=”Apply For This Programme” colour=”#ffffff” colour_custom=”#264292″ size=”medium” edge=”rounded” target=”_self”]