The Diploma in Business Administration is a four-semester program within two academic years. The program has been designed to meet the needs of people in personnel management or with experience working in government or private sector who wish to enhance their skills in the functional areas of business management.
• Students from any discipline who wish to start a career in business administration.
• Managers in any functional areas of the organizations and who wish to acquire knowledge and skills in business.
• Students who wish to pursue degree in Business Administration.
Be a holder of KCSE with a minimum aggregate of C with C- in Mathematics and C- in English
Be a holder of KCE Division II with at least Credit in both Mathematics and English except where specific programme requirements for cluster subjects are different in which case the programme requirements shall apply
Be a holder of an A’ level qualification with a minimum of two subsidiary passes or equivalent
Be a holder of a Credit pass in any relevant certificate course with at least KCSE Grade C- with at least C- in Mathematics and English except where specific programme requirements for cluster subjects are different in which case the programme requirements shall apply.
Programme Duration and Structure
a) All Diplomas shall be offered in two academic years with four semesters. The first academic year will comprise of a minimum of ten (10) and a maximum of twelve (12) course units.
b) The second academic year will have a minimum of ten (10) or a maximum of twelve (12) course units, including project work and attachment.
Expected Learning Outcomes
• The broad goals of this programme are to:
• Help students to develop skills in the analysis of concepts and practices in daily business management.
• Develop knowledge, skills and competence to the level where students can make a professional contribution to the administration and management of businesses within the market place.