Information Technology programme at Zetech University is career-based training that seeks to provide training in the use and support of business related computer systems, its importance to businesses and the development of business information technology systems using varied programming techniques, and software and hardware configurations. This course is aimed at fill existing knowledge gap in organizational data storage, business continuity, disaster recovery, security, business analytics and optimisation and enterprise architecture.
• To produce IT specialists capable of providing IT business solutions.
• To prepare professionals with high quality IT knowledge and skills so as to take care of IT business related matters.
• To develop IT solutions and so as to enhance business and organizational efficiency.
• Develop analytical and logical thinking, problem solving, communication skills and team work.
• Acquire business principals in real world perspectives.
• An aggregate grade of C+ (C Plus) in K.C.S.E and a minimum of grade C in mathematics and English.
• Or Two principal passes in ‘A’ level/Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE).
• Diploma in Management and Information Technology from a recognized institution.
Duration of the programme
This is a four year programme subdivided in semesters.
Courses offered are weighted in terms of Credit Units
• Plan and implement computer applications in IT industry.
• Use Information Technology effectively in the work environment to analyse, identify and define organisation requirements and opportunities.
• Design, install and manage computer networked systems.
• Analyse the impact of technology on individuals, organizations and society, including ethical, legal and policy issues.