The philosophy of the programme is to produce professional, transformative and innovative graduates of high integrity who have theoretical, practical and analytical competencies for research and effective management of national healthcare systems. The state of the healthcare system nationally has prompted a rethinking of the strategies required to ensure health systems are more responsive to the health needs of the society.
- Produce graduates with competencies in developing, leading, managing and governing health systems for quality healthcare services.
- Equip students with knowledge on effective strategies for sustainable development of health care systems.
- Empower graduates with the knowhow to implement innovative and transformative approaches to achieve quality improvement in healthcare systems.
- An aggregate grade of C+ (C Plus) in K.C.S.E and a minimum of grade C in Biology and Chemistry and C in English/Kiswahili and Maths/Physics, or
- Be a holder of KACE with a minimum of two principal passes including Biology and Subsidiary pass in Chemistry, Maths/Physics, or
- Be a holder of either a Diploma (with a mean grade of C) in Public Administration, Business Administration/Management, Public Health, Environmental Health, Clinical Medicine, Pharmacy, Community Health, Human Nutrition, or the equivalent of any of these qualifications as approved by the University Senate, or,
- Be a holder of Higher Diploma (HND) in Public Administration, Business Administration/Management, Public Health, Environmental Health, Clinical Medicine, Pharmacy, Community Health, Human Nutrition, or the equivalent of any of these qualifications as approved by the University Senate and two years of work experience.
Duration of the programme
- This is a four year programme subdivided in semesters.
- Courses offered are weighted in terms of Credit Units
- Carry out research for evidence based decision and policy formulation, planning and continuous improvement in health.
- Apply professional, legal and ethical procedures in health system management affairs.
- Develop skills in using technology to enhance healthcare systems Apply general knowledge and use logical approaches in problem solving.