Effective and efficient service delivery remains a major challenge for many organizations especially due to inadequate human resource capacity and development. This course focuses on building capacity in graduates by giving exposure and equipping them with necessary skills relating to business administration and management.
1. Enable graduates apply sound business principles and values in management of organizations.
2. Addressing challenges posed by contemporary developments in the microfinance sector especially in poverty alleviation efforts.
3. Build ability to combine knowledge, skills and experiences to identify opportunities or challenges, identify alternative solutions, make choices and implement decisions.
• An aggregate grade of C+ (C Plus) in K.C.S.E and a minimum of grade C in mathematics and English.
• Or Two principal passes in ‘A’ level/Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE).
• Or be a holder of a diploma in a relevant discipline from a recognized institution.
Duration of the programme
• This is a four year programme subdivided in semesters.
• Courses offered are weighted in terms of Credit Units
• Apply knowledge and skills acquired in business/organization development.
• Evaluate accounting concepts and principles in accounting, finance, human resources and marketing to respond to changing needs.
• Integrate IT global and emerging trends in business operations.
• Analyze corporate accounting and finance information for planning and decision making.