The philosophy of the programme is to provide graduates with relevant knowledge and skills to take up careers in accounting and finance management both in the public and private sectors of the economy. The programme will enable graduates to apply sound business accounting and finance principles necessary for recognizing opportunities or problems, identifying solutions and implementing decisions.
1. Develop positive, goal oriented accounting and finance professionals who aptly grasp knowledge, skills and values to impact the marketplace.
- Produce competent and ethical accounting professionals capable of positively and effectively contributing to national, regional and international development.
- Develop graduates who can efficiently combine knowledge, skills and experiences to identify opportunities or challenges, identify alternative solutions, make choices and implement decisions.
- An aggregate grade of C+ (C Plus) in K.C.S.E and a minimum of grade C+ in Mathematics and English,
- KNEC 3 years Diploma or its equivalent,
- Holder of an accredited diploma with a credit pass from an institution that is recognized by the University Senate
- Be a holder KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and one subsidiary pass, and a minimum of credit pass in Mathematics at KCE
Duration of the programme
• The programme is organized in academic semesters with an academic year comprising of two semesters.
• Courses offered are weighted in terms of Credit Units.
- Ability to conduct business and managerial functions in the legislative and ethical framework,
- Prepare financial statements for all entities through application of fundamental principles and implement general financial policies, concepts and appropriate techniques in the context of current development,
- Interpret financial statements for preparation of relevant management reports for decision-making.
- Conduct audit and investigation functions including forensic audits.